1. Protect yourself against no-shows.
Use Collins Pay to easily take deposits/ card authentication to secure against no shows. Don’t lose out and let tables go empty; take deposits securely online or over the phone and have the payment marked directly against the booking.
2. Don’t just shut down your booking widget or booking types and say ‘call or e-mail us’. Use Collins’ flexibility to capture the enquiries/bookings:
A. Create bespoke Christmas Booking types.
- Specific Dates
- Specific Rules
- Specific Booking Policies
- Restrict Auto-Confirm & more enquiry-led
Not only is having these separate booking types great for the customer but it is makes it easier for you to keep track of your bookings/ enquiries and will give you more accurate Christmas reporting (more on that later). Click here to find out how to add and edit booking types.
B. Restrict auto-confirm on your non christmas booking types.Rather than turning off your non Christmas booking types, why not restrict the auto-confirm rules and set them as enquiry only, just for Christmas! Still get the data, still try and convert that enquiry
Learn how to override booking types For the booking types you wish to make enquiry only, simply enter override dates eg 28th November - 23rd December, with auto confirm set to ‘0’.
This way your auto-confirm rules will stay in place before and after the Christmas period.
Keep on top of your enquiries using all the features Collins has to offer, such as labels and follow ups. More info here.
3. Ever wondered how Santa knows exactly what everyone wants for Christmas?
Save hours and hours of admin with Collins Pre-Orders. This is a real game changer. Say goodbye to excel spreadsheets, scanned orders and manually entering 100’s of pre-orders. Set up Christmas Menus and send these easily to enquiries/bookings. The customer can manage their own check out with friends, family or colleagues, complete the pre-order and pay (if requested by you). All of this then comes back directly into Collins and is logged against the booking.
Here’s an early gift from the Collins team.
Print your place cards directly from Collins, this will literally save you and your team hours! Place cards can be printed from the top right of your diary or live runsheet page. Further instructions here.
4. Prepare the chefs!Did you know you can download and print weekly pre-order sheets? At the click of a button let the chef’s know what pre-orders they have coming in, allowing them to prepare more efficiently than ever before.
5. Use your Collins data to bring previous customer back.This is where your ‘Customers’ section is super helpful. Who booked with you last Christmas? Who has already booked large parties with you? Who have you marked as a regular customer? Use the filters to drill down your customer data; download the data and send them a special Xmas email to tempt them back.
6. ReportingCollins has a fantastic built in reporting function, giving you access you all your data whenever you want it. Check out how to use our reporting feature. Not only can you see what’s coming up for the week/ month ahead, you can see how well you’re doing/ have done and learn lessons for next year.