- Click the Space Optimiser button, and it will ask you for the parameters you want to use it for.
- There are two types of table capacities it can run off; the max seated capacity, which you have put in within your Tables/Areas section, or the overall capacity - this is the 'Max People' column. You also have the option to ask Collins to go over capacity, should you be happy to have bookings both sitting and standing.
- Once you have set the parameters, Collins will do a scan of your bookings and show you in a list where it will place these bookings to maximise your space.
- Once you have clicked 'Scan all areas', Collins will show you the results of where it plans to place your bookings for a better fit. If you then decide that you would like to remove some bookings from this scan, you can deselect them by clicking on the tick at the right of each booking. You then can ask Collins to re-scan the list of new bookings
- You have the option to undo this after by clicking the undo button, should you want to revert back to the original layout.
Things to note:
- Collins won't include any bookings that have already started (based on the start time of the booking)
- It will not take into consideration any "no show" or "marked as left" bookings
- It will leave any bookings that are locked (If you want a booking to be excluded from this scan, lock that particular booking)
- It will not place bookings into any areas that are closed via the 'Close Areas' section
- It will take into consideration the joined tables/areas you have set up, and any buffers you have set for a booking type
- Waitlist bookings will not be included in the scan
Areas for this booking type sections will need to be set up in your settings as Collins will need to know where it can place your bookings when asked. Please see set up video below.
Setting Up Space Optimiser
Using Space Optimiser