When setting up Auto-confirm rules for a booking type within a venue, at least one or more tables/areas MUST be added or the Auto-confirm function will not work as the system will not know where to allocate the bookings.
To add a table, navigate to:
- Venues and choose the venue
- Booking Types and choose the Booking Type you’d like Auto-Confirm to work on (refer to this article to see how to set up Auto-confirm Rules)
- Scroll down to ‘Areas for this Booking Type’ - this is where you can tell Collins which Tables you are happy for bookings of this type to be placed into
- Click ‘Edit Areas’ to add the tables you want auto-confirm to work on. To add all tables, select the very top box.
- Click Done and make sure to SAVE the settings
- The order of these tables serves as the order in which they will be auto-confirmed. For example, if Table 1 is top of the list then this will be the first table which will be auto-confirmed.
- Once you have a list of Tables, you can create a Table Hierarchy - By using the drag and drop cross in the Table list you can place them in the order you want your Tables to be booked, with the table at the top being the first to be auto-confirmed, the second from the top being the second to be auto-confirmed etc etc. If a table at the top of the list has already been allocated/capacity does not suit, the system will work down the list until a suitable table is found
NB - The Find Areas tool in your Diary/Floorplan/Run Sheet and within the Assign to Areas section also works from the tables listed in the 'Areas for this booking type' to suggest available tables/areas for the specific booking type.
Though the ‘Areas for this Booking Type’ is primarily used for Auto-confirm, it is also useful to have this filled out if regularly using the ‘Space Optimiser’ function. If tables are not added for a booking type, when using the Space Optimiser, a table may be suggested to be moved to the ‘Unassigned’ areas section as the system has no information on what tables to reallocate it to. To prevent this from happening, add the tables you want this function to work on within each booking type.